I love General Conference!
I don't think there are many non Latter-day Saints who read my blog-o, but I will explain it just in case. Allison, you might read this? But you also probably know what GC is by now.
If you don't know, General Conference happens twice a year in October and April. The Prophet, the Apostles, and all of the other General Authorities of the Latter-day Saint church gather together to speak words of wisdom, warnings, knowledge, revelations, and messages of hope about life, the gospel, and the people we should be as Latter-day Saints.
It is wonderful. It is heavenly. It is directly from God.
Here is a picture of the wonderful Prophet of this day, President Thomas S. Monson. Yes, a prophet! Just like Abraham, and Moses, and Peter.

Can you imagine being able to listen to messages that come from our Heavenly Father, just for us? I love that I am a member of this Church, and that I have blessings such as this to look forward too. What strength it gives me!
And if you are not a member of our church, yes, you can still listen! Look at me just being a little missionary...
Here is the link to all of the messages and talks from April General Conference:
My favorite quote of the weekend:
"The gospel is built to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."
Elder D. Todd Christofferson quoted this quote in his talk. Unfortunately, I don't remember the original source of the quote.
4 comments:
thanks for the explanation...i would have been clueless...and I really like that quote too...well said!
I just listened to Elder Christofferson's talk again. It is excellent. I think humility is the key. Humility allows us to recognize what we need to correct (only half the battle), and understand what we need to do to change (the hard part).
Elder Holland
The gospel is built to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
I just caught myself up on your blog. I didn't know you work for Anthro! That's awesome! So happy for ya. Love the bike trip photos and your new apartment in Boston. Looks like you're doing well, ma'am!
:)
Post a Comment