Happy Turkey Day!
Don and I had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving. This is the first year we got to be together on Thanksgiving, and we really enjoyed it!! Because of various schedules, etc., we stayed in Boston and just spent the holiday with one another.
I was really, really excited to cook our own meal. We made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes...the whole nine yards!
Our first family turkey. I'm a bit nervous.
Obviously, our apartment is a bit small, so we had to seriously plan in order to successfully cook everything. Here is what we came up with.
Turkey. Dishes. Dinner roll dough. Dishes. Stuffing. Dishes. Mashed potatoes. Dishes. Gravy. Dishes. Bake dinner rolls. Dishes.
Needless to say, we each did our fair share of...dishes. Don was happy to wash dishes. He actually likes it sometimes.
Our Thanksgiving buffet!
Turkey carving, 2011. Nice work team.
We had several friends who also stayed in town, so we invited them over for dinner. Our friends from church, Nick and Laurie brought all of the veggie dishes (salad and roasted asparagus!), and a stellar pumpkin pie and cheescake. Yum.
Our other friend Rob was also in town due to work, so we invited him as well. He is from Austria, so he brought over a tasty German cabbage dish. Also yum.
Ha, we tried to get everybody in the picture. I'm a bit overwhelming.
I am happy to report that we had no burned turkey and no pink turkey. Success!
After we thoroughly stuffed ourselves, Don and I took a lovely stroll through the Back Bay Fens. It was a nice night, and we talked about everything we were thankful for. Lots of thanks to go around!
Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
I'm so impressed with your dinner! What a darling little Thanksgiving.
very impressed!!
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad your first turkey day was a huge success! It all looks delicious… “best ever”!!
love that last picture of you guys! great work on putting on Thanksgiving! You are sure brave Carolyn!
Post a Comment