This Saturday was apple picking day! I had been wanting to go apple picking for weeks, and we finally had the Saturday off to go! SO excited!
We went to Carlson Orchards, which is about an hour west of Boston. It was an excellent choice. They had a huge variety of apples, freshly baked apple cider donuts, freshly baked apple crumble, cider to taste, etc. etc.
This is our first picture, just outside the entrance to all of the apple goods.
Ready to pick!
Obviously, we tasted as we went along. We tasted Cortland, Macoun, Empire, Cameo, Braeburn, Mutsu/Crispin, Red Delicious, and Fuji apples. Our favorite were the Mutsu/Crispin combo. Those apples were a-mazing.
Mutsu/Crispins.
They are crisp. For sure.
We couldn't leave without buying our very own Halloween pumpkin. We both decided on this little guy.
{Oh, and I also couldn't leave without buying a bowl of freshly baked apple crisp. Of course. Let's be honest, that was probably the highlight of the afternoon...}
I love apple picking!
3 comments:
We ended up really loving Empire. Who knew? So glad you got to go! Best time of year!!
your hair is so pretty and long! Very fun outing. Gotta love fall festivities. What's the name of your pumpkin ;) miss ya
I've never seen a cluster of apples like that! They look so odd - like gigantic apple-grapes! I'm going to hunt down the super yummy-looking Mutsu/Crispins.
Post a Comment