We love. New York City.
There is no place like it. Anywhere. I hope, hope, hope!!! that we get to go back for a year during Don's fellowship. That would be amazing. New York City is magical and inspiring and fun. We just love being there.
This weekend was an adventure for sure. I had to work Friday night, but we wanted to get to the city by Saturday morning. Don was hoping to meet some old friends for a ride, and I wanted to start the morning with a run in Central Park. We ended up leaving Boston at 3 a.m. on Friday night. Eeks. We got there just in time for Don to meet his friends at 7 a.m. Crazy, crazy us.
3 a.m. Tired. Ready to rock and roll.
While we were there, we also got to see some of my friends who still live in the city. Thank you to Breanne and Jeremiah for letting us stay with you! It was a perfectly pleasant time, and we truly enjoyed the company!
(PS...Kenna is the cutest little thing.)
I thought this was cute. Check out the similar pictures of Kenna and my niece. Why do little kiddos always like to put pants on their heads?!
We also got to see my old roommates V-ness and Julia. I miss V and Julia a ton, and it was so fun to catch up with them!!! We met for brunch at an awesome restaurant called Community.
Best biscuits and jam I've ever had.
Don and I didn't have too much time to explore, and we were both pretty tired from the no-sleep-drive. We decided to keep it to one adventure and went down to the 9/11 Memorial site. We had both left the city by the time construction was finished, so we were excited to see it. They are still building the 4 towers, but the memorial fountains are complete.
Under construction.
WTC South Tower Memorial Fountain.
WTC North Tower Memorial Fountain.
Happy ice cream kid.
This was only part of the line to get food. Thank goodness we didn't have to wait because we only ordered ice cream. Shake Shack is kind of big deal in NYC.
And finally, the wedding! Don's friend, Peter, and his new wife are Jewish. We had never been to a Jewish wedding before. It was so fun!! We loved it. Don even got to wear a Yamaka! I was impressed with much of the symbolism in the actual ceremony. I was even more impressed with the incredible amount of humor, liveliness, and joy of the Jewish culture. I mean, everybody was eating, dancing, and having an incredible time.
We started off by meeting the bridal party down under the Brooklyn Bridge. Seriously, I love this city. Where else to you get pictures like this?
Bride and groom taking a spin on the Carousel.
Graffiti. So Brooklyn of us.
The ceremony.
Don's Yamaka.
The bride and groom at the after party.
The dancing and food was definitely my favorite part. This is a video of Peter's mom and dad...ha! So much fun!! Thank you Peter and Elena for letting us celebrate with you.
I hope we get to go back very soon.

1 comment:
NYC reminds me of visiting you....miss you! Maybe I should make a Boston visit this year!!
Post a Comment