We had a really great anniversary weekend. We decided to celebrate our anniversary "Boston Style", so we did lots of cool Boston things.
The evening actually started when Don surprised me with a cookie (actually, he got me three cookies...he knows me well) when I got home from my run. I had to document it because these weren't just any cookies. They were the Double Tree Hotel cookies, which I love, love, love. He actually drove out to a Double Tree Hotel and explained to the guy that he wasn't even staying at the hotel, but could he please have some cookies for his wife, who has a major sweet tooth, and loves, loves, loves their hotel cookies.
That was awesome. Thank you Don :) :)
That night, we went out to dinner at the Top of the Hub Restaurant. It's the restaurant that is way up at the top of the Prudential Center. So, it's basically Boston's version of the Space Needle, or something to that effect. The view was worth it, and dinner was amazing.
Our lovely view of Boston.
As it turned out, the game was super fun, and we both had a much better time than expected. We had such a good time, in fact, that we would both gladly go back.
(A couple weeks ago, I bought "Boston Strong" t-shirts for both of us, and I though it would be cool to wear them to the game. Lookin' good.)
Ballpark hot dogs!
Happy Anniversary Don! I love you!
2 comments:
Stop it, you two are too cute.
Double Tree Cookies: They really are amazing. One time they were out (we really were staying there) and my mom went down and explained that her other children just arrived and that we would really love some cookies too (this was months ago, it's not like we were 4 year olds).
The front desk gal said, "Oh no worries, I'll pop some right in the oven." My mom was like, "Oh, it's that easy?" So I'm pretty sure they just use Pillsbury frozen dough... just sayin', next time around, Don doesn't have to drive out to a Double Tree but can just run over to Shaw's. (Unless of course, Double Tree has their own special cookie manufacturer that sends them out frozen dough...)
Second, you guys are moving!? Where?? Did I miss this announcement?
Congratulations you guys! I'm not a huge baseball fan either, but there's something about going to a live game that is a lot of fun. There's a "Mormon night" game in August, I think our ward will have some tickets so we should all go!
Post a Comment