Back in March, Don and I went on vacation to Tulum, Mexico. We were really excited to visit a new country and have a new adventure!
Tulum is a small coastal town on the gulf side of Mexico, about an hour south of Playa Del Carmen. We chose Tulum because it sounded like there were a variety of activities to do, apart from just soaking up the sun on the beach. I mean, I could pretty much make beach bum a career, but Don does get a little bored just sitting around in the sun all day. So we thought having adventures would be fun!
(After a couple hours of exploring, we discovered that Tulum is basically a health/spa/juice/yoga/girl-retreat-jungle-town. It's less Tarzan, and more Jane. Apparently, it's where you go to detox, workout, and get your bikini bod. Yee-haw!)
Nevertheless...adventure, we did! We had fun and certainly did a lot of really cool things. I would definitely recommend going once in your life. I've never been anywhere like it!
I've just posted about a gazillion pictures, and this is only the first half. Beware of the picture overload.
Beautiful flight. The water is actually that vibrant!
Cozumel Airport.
Our first meal in Mexico!
We called the hotel our Jungle Bungalow...let's just say we paid for the location. It was clean and cute, but definitely not luxury. The location, however, was absolutely stunning! It was right on the white, sandy beach, which was absolutely amazing.
(We only found one "jungle beetle" in our room. Thankfully, Don quickly killed the bug-who-shall-not-be-named.)
Stairs leading up to our room.
Welcome to dah beach, mahn!
Our beach.
This is the main road that follows the beach. All the restaurants, hotels, and shops are all along this road.
View from the top of the rocks, just off the side of the main road.
Our first dinner in Mexico at Tacolum!
My goodness, this is only half of the pictures. More to come: Tulum, Mexico - Part 2!
1 comment:
I love that your last post showed mountains of snow, then this one... bright sunny beaches :)
Post a Comment