Sunday, July 22, 2018

Bert and Mary.

It took me so long to finish our Europe blogpost, and now I'm soooooo behind!  But, I am determined to keep writing, and one day, I hope to get everything printed out in a book.  I would love for the blog to be a journal for our kids and posterity.

I think this post is going to end up all over the place, but whatevs.  

After we got home from Europe, things got really busy at work (well...work things are always really busy for Don, but they got especially busy for me too).  

Back story about work:  I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog before, but back in June of 2017, I finally got the promotion at Anthropologie that I have been working towards my entire career!!  Visual Merchandising Manager.  This means that I am 100% visual, all the time.  I no longer manage the floor, work on the cash registers, etc.  Instead, I get to do all the creative things like merchandise, change mannequins, floorplan, structure out walls, hang mirrors, paint and build things, and manage the art displays.  It is so much fun, and it's truly my dream job.  Of course, there are always frustrating things about any job, but for the most part, I couldn't be happier.  There are some days where I just can't believe I'm getting paid to do the things I'm doing, and that is a wonderful feeling. 

{my Anthro Pittsburgh team}


Then in November, my Store Manager went on maternity leave, and they asked me to temporarily replace her for the three months she was out.  I never imagined I would be the Store Manager of an Anthropologie, and I can't believe I actually did it!  I was so nervous to take over.  Although I felt qualified, for some reason I was still a mess of nerves on the inside.  The temporary Store Manager gig ended up being just fine, and now I'm back as VMM.  

But anyway, I started into that whole long story to basically just say that things got really busy after we got back from vacation.  It felt like we were both just working, working, working like crazy.  

Despite all of the craziness of work, the Holidays were still fun and memorable for us.  For Halloween, Don and I dressed up as Bert and Mary Poppins, and I loved it so much.  Of course, Don looks awesome in any costume without even trying.  On the other hand, I purposefully tried reeeeeaaally hard to look awesome...haha.  We ended up looking pretty legit, and it was a great night!

{"Just a spoonful of sugar!"}





Happy Halloween, 2017!


No comments: