With Covid-19 still a big concern everywhere, this summer has been a little bit different than in the past. We've spent a lot of solo-family time together (if that makes sense?!) and a lot of time outside. Our isolation, however, hasn't stopped us from making some big decisions...we have a quite a few updates to share!
But first, some cuuuuuuute pictures of our fun in the sun.
{Mimi + the fam}
I think Mimi has been enjoying our time outdoors the most! She loves hanging out with us, just within sight and just out of reach. We've been pleasantly surprised by how gentle and patient she is with Auggie, even when he pushes her. They have a special kind of bond, and somehow he gets a pass.
{Auggie goes to the polls!}{evenings with Dad}
The one positive thing about Covid-19 is that Don has worked less hours on a daily basis than he did before. We've had more evenings with him than I can remember in a long time! We've taken advantage with family walks, outdoor reading sessions, truck games, and take-out dinners.
{day-to-day happenings}







{4th of July}

{that sandal tan tho...}

{Don's ankle surgery}
One of our updates is that Don had surgery on his ankle last month. It wasn't a traumatic injury or anything, more circumstantial. Basically, he had a piece of bone that was growing in the wrong place for a long time. It was beginning to affect his workouts because it was hitting tendons and causing some pain. Because it would only get worse with time, Don decided it would be best to get the piece of bone taken out sooner rather than later. The surgeon said it was a minor surgery...no no no. I've had a minor surgery, and this was not that.
He was in a cast with crutches for three weeks, completely non-weight bearing. Somehow neither of us realized that he wouldn't be able to drive? Surprise! That meant that Auggie and I had to drive him to and from work during those three weeks (Also, this. Don is a surgery trooper. He went to work three days after surgery, even doing procedures while on his knee rover!) It quickly became one of Auggie's favorite things, and we all looked forward to "drop-offs" and "pick-ups" with Dad everyday. Thankfully, after the first three weeks he got a walking boot. He's still in healing mode right now, but his ankle is finally starting to feel better.
This is probably our biggest news, apart from the other little thing that we're moving again. But that's another post for another day because I'm pregnant!! We were a little worried that it might take a while because it took almost two years to get pregnant with Auggie. But not so. I got those two positive tests after only two months. Right now I'm 19 weeks, and my due date is January 7th. I'll also be writing another post about my pregnancy, because this little nugget has been rough. It has been very different than Auggie, so we're both excited and curious to find out if *maybe* it's a girl next week! Stay tuned.










No comments:
Post a Comment