Friday, August 18, 2023

Miscarriage

 Oof.  

There is no easy way to blog about a miscarriage.  It happened, it was sad and physically exhausting, but we're all ok.  

I've never had any problems in pregnancy before this, so it was a bit of a shock to hear that there was a weak heartbeat at my first ultrasound.  And it was even more of a shock to hear that it might be twins!  Cue the tears, stress, and confusion.  But I felt like the doctors and techs handled everything very well, and I felt emotionally prepared for the next several appointments.  As we monitored over the following weeks, it became clear that there was only one baby, and it was simply not growing.  

At 9.5 weeks, the ultrasound finally showed no heartbeat.  The little bean was never going to make it from the get-go.

It seems like nearly everybody has a miscarriage, so I guess I'm just part of that statistic.  I still feel like we are supposed to have one more baby, but for now we're taking it easy and just focusing on the life that's right in front of us.  When it's supposed to happen, it will.


No comments: