Tuesday, June 17, 2025

Mimi

Mimi unexpectedly passed away from cancer in April, and we are absolutely crushed.  I won't retell everything in this post since I made a special book with her full story.  But here is a copy of the last page of her book:

Dedicated to Mimi Williams, who passed away on 4-16-25.

You were the sweetest, sassiest, snuggliest, most independent, most loyal, most beautiful,  most perfect little gal.  

To the super kitty who helped save our marriage (#1 therapy cat!), who road-tripped across the country three times, was Auggie's Lawrenceville shadow companion, sounded the kitty alarm when newborn Owen wasn't breathing, who scared us many times with bringing live birds and mice into our home, and to the shining star of the back of our Christmas card every year...you were one-of-a-kind and so very irreplaceable.

I'm forever grateful I found you at the animal shelter 12 years ago.  We will miss you everyday.  

We love you, Mimi girl!

{December 2010 - April 2025}
Ok....one last Mimi story.  When we found out Mimi had cancer in January, multiple vets told us she only had a few days to live.  Against all odds, and with a very sincere prayer from Auggie asking that she live for one more year, we got an extra 3.5 bonus months (exactly 1 cat year!!) with her.  No coincidence there.  We are very grateful for Auggie's special Mimi prayer. 



No comments: