Thursday, September 10, 2026

Summer Highlights

{Turtle Wall Trail}

We went hiking to Turtle Wall, and as the name suggests, we saw two turtles!  It was lucky to see them, actually, since they aren't always out.  They are certainly adorable!
{Boat}

We've really enjoyed using the boat this summer.  It gets so hot here that having access to water is a must.  I even attempted water skiing without the easy-up rope this go round!  Don laughs because I request the boat to drive veeeeery slowly when I am skiing, but to each their own, right?

The kids love driving the boat, and every year they get braver on the tube.  I'm hopeful that soon we'll graduate to kneeboarding!
We hosted a lake day with some of our friends, and it was a blast!  Our boat is really small, so we rotated from beach to boat.  It worked out well, and the kids loved it!
{Swimming}

So. Much. Swimming.
{4th of July}

Our 4th of July was a fun day filled with friends.  We had a pancake breakfast at our house with the Carlsons in the morning, and then a BBQ with the neighborhood in the evening.  

Setting my political feelings aside was necessary to enjoy the day, which I did, and we had fun.  Success!
Was there ever a cuter red, white & blue baby?!
{Jellystone Park Zion}

We finally made it to Jellystone!  We have a local waterpark here in St. George that's been on our summer bucket list forever.  We finally made it happen.  We invited our next door neighbors to come with us, and it was a perfect day.  I was worried about how Ginny would do, but of course, she was a happy little bean all day long.  
{Zion Camping}

We squeaked in one final adventure and went camping on the very last weekend before school started.  We finally decided to buy our own tent, which I think means we're committed to camping at least...once a year?!  

Admittedly, it was hot in Zion, which was unpleasant.  However, we rallied and had an excellent (and sweaty) weekend!
Always happy, always a trooper!
A tent in a tent :).
The boys went tubing down the Virgin River while the babies stayed behind for a much needed air-conditioned nap in the car.
We hiked to the Lower Emerald Pool and immediately dunked under the waterfall.  It was extremely refreshing!
One of the highlights of the weekend was catching frogs in the river.  The kids kept asking to go back.
Emma, the campsite babysitter, lol.
Oooooooh.....yucky.  We spotted this tarantula at the bathrooms!  It scared me half to death and absolutely made Auggie's week.  
{Kayaking @ Quail Creek}
{King Tut Exhibit - Las Vegas}

This sounded so exciting, and it was!  Although we had to chuckle when we realized it wasn't the real King Tut, but rather a copycat exhibit.  Oops.  It's just so Vegas to do that, am I right?  

We had a great day regardless and even showed my mom the Formula 1 simulators in the Puma store.  Those are always a hit!
Goodbye, summer!  You were full of happy adventure!

No comments: