Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Colors of Autumn

I admit that I am a summer gal. Through and through. If given the choice of being cold or hot, I will always choose hot. If given the choice of being mildly cool or hot, I will...always choose hot. I dedicated an entire good bye post to Summer last year; mourning her sunny departure and lamenting the inevitable freezing temperatures of winter.

So what possible joy can come from Fall and Winter?! Well, for starters, let's call it Autumn instead of Fall. It just feels better. There is an element of enchantment in the word Autumn that Fall just seems to lack. That's it! I like the idea of Autumn. I like the words of Autumn.

cool. maple. crisp. pie. golden. acorn. pumpkins. amber. cinnamon. leaves. cider. spices.

Yes, I like those things. I like the way those things make me feel. I suppose I do like the feeling of Autumn.

Don and I spent Sunday evening walking through a beautiful trail up the canyon.
The leaves were so vibrantly colorful. I wanted to capture them forever!



So...we did. We picked up pretty leaf after pretty leaf...




...And stashed them away in my bag.
I thought of how I could keep our leaves so pretty, and decided to make an autumn wreath.

An autumn wreath! How wonderful! It isn't quite finished yet. But when it is, Autumn will be pretty forever.

6 comments:

Blair said...

I absolutely love these photos. I actually love autumn.

Becca Jane said...

Is that trail kid-friendly? It looked like it! I NEED to know some places to take my kids, they'd love it!

You are GORGEOUS....

Sarah said...

Love the colors! And the wreath idea! How will you get the leaves to keep their color instead of turning a yucky "I'm dead" brown? I need to go for a Fall hike upstate a little and do some leaf pile jumping...

Kight Family said...

Autumn is my favorite season!!!!! The colors, smells, cool brisk air and the warm tasty food :) But autumn is different outside of Utah!!!! NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!

Oh and I love to see your craftiness. You are amazing!!!!

Jenna, Megan, Jessica & Breanna said...

how great. i agree about autumn vs fall - totally agree.

i think autumn brings out the creative bug in everyone

wendy said...

I love fall, I mean autumn, so much! You've captured it so well in this post. Great pics! YOu're the best Quebes!