Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm OLD! The high school kid said so.

Today marks the first day that I am officially...old.

No, it's not my birthday. No, I haven't found any grey hairs. Yet.

But yes, this happened to me this morning:

I was minding my own business, leisurely jogging past the high school on my run, when I apparently startled a youthful teen as I came up behind him to pass by. In a sincerely apologetic tone for not having moved out of my way more quickly, he yelled after me,

"Oh! I'm so sorry ma'am!"

This is the first time I have ever been mistaken for a "ma'am". You heard me. Mistaken.

With that being said, I was quite impressed with how polite he was. Well done, oh youthful one, well done!

And now, there are 2 posts that I owe you. Coming soon:

1. My Parent's Visit to SLC last week!

2. THE ANTHRO DISPLAYS ARE UP!!!!! They are in the store! Some of my handiwork is proudly being displayed!! YAY!!!! Pictures to come!

7 comments:

Blair said...

Hey, there's worse things. He could have called you something offense! I'll take ma'am anyday!

Laura said...

Quebes, I was on an escalator at the mall last night and this little 12-14 year old turned around to talk to her sister who was still at the bottom and when she realized it was me said sorry and then waited for her sister and giggled "I thought you were that lady!"

Seriously. LADY! I mean, it was just like, two years ago that I was having the eye doctor ask if I could drive yet (because she wasn't sure if I was 16), and now kids are calling me LADY. Is this what it means to be 25? Has law school given me deep set wrinkles in my forehead and bags under my eyes??? From now on I'm only going out with my roommates who are all several years older than me (and look several years older than me) and maybe people will think I am their little sister. Or at least if I get mistaken for being old, it will be because they all look old.

Lyndsy said...

it could be way worse...i have been finding grey hairs for the past 5 years....just a few strays here and there....and I get mistaken for a 16 year old...often!!! what a weird combo! I'll be patiently waiting your upcoming posts!!

Russell Shaffer said...

I am eagerly awaiting your post about your Anthro window displays. I mean, it's all you talked about for TWO YEARS! I want to see what all the hype was about.

Jenna said...

:)

can't wait for the other posts too!

The Bybees said...

Haha- that makes me laugh. Sometime I'll have to share some of the comments I get from the high school kids I coach. I've been feeling old ever since I started coaching.

Marissa said...

This makes me happy! Maybe he mistook you for a foxy lady and assumed that you were more foxy than he initially assumed?

Love you! Super excited for Anthro window displays!