Friday, July 8, 2011

Pictures are here.

Disclaimers: 

1)  I'm learning the new blogger updates, so all of these pictures are in reverse chronological order.  Oops.

2)  We still don't have internet.  Starbucks is lending me theirs, which means this post will not be time-intensive.  Short captions.  Lots-o-pictures.  Real blog posts to come later.


 View of Don sleeping.  This is after we had moved everything in by ourselves.  Go muscles, go.


View of living room.


View of kitchen.


View of kitchen from living room.


View of bedroom.


View of living room/kitchen.


View of Don, exhausted.  He sleeps well.


Discovery of the tasty falafel/frozen yogurt place a block away from our house.  This was dinner the first night.


View of our first Boston parking ticket.  Well, first ticket if you don't include the 2 I picked up in May while looking for an apartment...I must say however, I have a hidden talent of getting out of parking tickets.  I already got the 2 May tickets erased, and I just appealed my 3rd today.  Good luck.


View of our empty Utah apartment.  Goodbye!


View of our ficus plant, traveling in style in the front seat of our car.


View of the cab of our Budget truck.  Stocked up with treats.


Don became an expert car dolly putter on-er.


View of the 6 bags we sent to DI before leaving Utah.  I LOVE being a minimalist.  It brings me extreme, extreme joy.


Alternate view of everything we sent to DI before it was all bagged up.


And finally, just one picture of the packing process in Utah.

Once the apartment is all set up, I will post beautiful pictures of when it is finished!!  I promise!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for being in Boston!!! I'm so excited you're here. I'll be in DC/Richmond/various other locations that are not Boston until sometime in September, but as soon as I get back to Boston let's socialize. I would say let's go running, but I'm not sure you'll think that's such a good idea when you find out how slow I am. Although Rena has been fairly tolerant...

Rachel said...

East Coast!!!!!

Jenna said...

way to go! that's so so much work. love that don was sleeping amidst all the chaos :) wish I could do that!

anticipate more pics as you start to settle and create!

TandAA :) said...

I can't believe you already got a parking ticket, after all we talked about! But it looks like you guys are having fun & enjoying it! The apartment will look awesome, I can see it all now through the boxes, I can! hahaha