Sunday, July 24, 2011

Don and I have been exploring Boston a little bit lately.  A couple of weeks ago, we went on a relaxing walk through the Public Garden and Boston Common.  The sun was setting perfectly, and as you can see, the light created a prism of pastels that reflected across the pond. 


Light seemed to be the theme that night.  As we walked home from the park, we were thrilled to pass by these man made beauties.  The neighborhood friendly motorcycle gang displayed a different sort of light show for us.  Neon.


On Friday night, we went to the "Free Friday Night Flicks" on the Charles River.  Every Friday night in the summer, the city puts on a movie at the Hatchshell amphitheatre.  I prepared a picnic, brought several blankets and a book, and marched down to stake out our spot after work.  I told Don to meet me there in a couple of hours after he got off work.  

Here is my little blanket set up.


The Hatchshell!  We saw "Despicable Me".  Not one i'll put on my "favorites" list, but that's ok.


One of the best surprises of the night was all of the free food we got!  Apparently, there are quite a few vendors who set up tents along the sidewalk, and they just give away free food!  We got free chips, salads, waters, crystal light packets, and lip balm!  What a find.


Me.


Don.


The crowd.


I really enjoyed our Friday night adventure.  I can't wait to explore more.

3 comments:

Blair said...

I used to frequent the Esplanade also when I lived in Beantown. Have a blast (they have some GREAT concerts there. Saw the Dropkick Murphys bring down the house in '03)

TandAA :) said...

Glad your taking advantage of all the fun things Boston has to offer! I'm jealous!

Janna said...

That looks like so much fun. I love Boston. And you guys. I need to come visit.