Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Exploring the city.

Last weekend, Don and I went out with some friends to an Ethiopian Restaurant.  It was really fun!  Unfortunately, I didn't think about taking pictures at dinner.  After we all went our separate ways, Don and I decided to explore the city for a little while. 

I wanted to go to the North End and check out all of the Italian restaurants.  A friend from work also told me to go to Bova's Bakery.  It is a tiny little bakery that is open 24 hours!  She said there is no line like there is at Mike's Pastry, but it's just as tasty.  We still walked by Mike's, and true to form, the line was
out. the. door.  Good thing we had advice from a local!

While in the North End, we walked by the Old North Church.  This is the church where Paul Revere signaled the famous lanterns, "one if by land, two if by sea".


A picture of the beautiful North End streets at night.  I wish I had a daytime picture as well.  I loved the North End.  So quaint.


Bova's!  Of course, I had to order a cannoli with chocolate chips.  It is every bit as tasty as Mike's.  We concur.


I snuck a picture of one of the employees filling a new batch of cannolis.  Apparently, I wasn't so sneaky with my picture taking.

When he saw my camera, his Italian friend boisterously yelled from behind the counter, "Hey!  You have an audience!  She's taking pictures of you! *loud laughter*"

But a girl needs her blog pictures, right?!


Next blog post...NEW ANTHRO WINDOW DISPLAYS!  I have some Anthro updates in my life, and I can't wait to share them!

3 comments:

Mary Staples said...

Fun night! Share your updates!

us said...

I love the anthro posts! Can't wait!

P.S. yes, I blog stalk your blog. You're just so dang creative. ;)

Ann said...

Love the new blog look!