Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birthday, shamrocks, cars, and sun.

Well...so much to blog about, I don't know where to start!  I will go chronologically.  

My 26th birthday.  

My awesome boss-o decided to decorate our little Anthro office with an "Under the Sea" theme.  Dolphin balloon included.  I had been telling her how much I desperately want to go to the aquarium, and she remembered!  So...she brought the aquarium to me.  Thanks team!

Don also got me a foam roller for my knee, which I really needed. (HATE. TENDINITIS. IN MY KNEE).  I don't want to go into my injury.  It makes me cry.  But, I now have a foam roller for future injury prevention.  Thank you Don!



St. Patty's Day.

Don and I had a green brunch.  Our spinach omelettes look terrifying.  The green smoothie was the best.



Yum!



Car troubles.

So...last week, our car got towed.  Apparently, we were too close to a fire hydrant.  Don and I think that we were only "too close" to the fire hydrant because we happened to park our car during the time frame that was in between the *Fens fire* and the *Massive electrical fire downtown*.  We are thinking the police were a bit more vigilant about checking the fire hydrants that week.  Bad timing. :(

The worst part about getting your car towed is that they charge you per night that you don't come pick it up.    And of course, they don't inform you that your car has been towed.  Thank goodness I needed something out of our glove box.  3 days after it got towed.

Cost:  $250.

And, of course, we got our car bashed in last night.  St. Patty's Day gets a little wild here in Boston.  We were 1 of 3 cars in a nice little line that had hooligans stomping on hood, top, and trunk of car.  Their muddy shoes left nice prints and dents all over.  Ours was the only car whose front windshield seemed to unquestionably connect with a large, heavy object.

Cost:  $ I don't want to know.




Sunny 70 degrees!

What a wonderful Sunday!  Look at all the happy people that come out when it's warm!  Don and I enjoyed a wonderful 2 hour walk through the city today.  I love warm weather with all my heart.



6 comments:

Laura said...

Sad about your knee, your car (x2), and that you are now closer to 30 than 20...

but seriously, this weekend was one of those times I'm really glad to live in a Brazillian immigrant neighborhood where no one cares about St. Patrick's Day. Boston is crazy.

At least the weather is nicer now...and it's spring dress season :)

Coopers said...

You are so pretty in the birthday picture. I also am excited for warm weather. And what a bummer about your car. Not cool.

Lyndsy said...

Come back to Texas!!! it is warm here already!! We actually never really had a winter...silly Texas! Sorry about the car and knee! Hope you are doing well!

Jenna said...

happy birthday.
tendonitis?! Oh no. I'm wondering what you are doing with marathon? I totally hear you on the wanting to cry. I feel that way a lot lately with a 3 month lingering foot problem that I'm nervous is stress fracture or more serious & I'm just making it worse by not going to doctor. Yes- totally want & have cried about that, so I hear you!
Let me know what's up.
TERRIBLE car drama! Crazy St Patties people for sure!
See you in a few weeks, remember?! Coming up Saturday sometime & leaving Monday sometime :)

Becca Jane said...

Hi cute friend! We miss you! Lame about your car, but Happy Birthday!

I'm flying to Cleveland next month, made me think of you! :)

Becca Jane said...

PS, I moved my blog: now it's at woodfamjournals.blogspot.com