Organic Bunny arrived at our house on Sunday morning! I was so excited to wake up and see all of the wonderful treats. I think somebody told the Easter Bunny that I am running the Boston Marathon in 6 days. He must have known that I didn't want to be stuffed full of chocolate and candy the week leading up to the race.
Organic Bunny brought only healthy things this year; like apples, nuts, Power Bars, and bananas. It looks like the he broke down a little bit though. We did find 2 packages of Cadbury Cream Eggs in the mix. {Yeees!}
Organic Bunny even made his own recycled Easter baskets! The larger one looks like it was weaved out of brown paper lunch bags. The smaller one...is just a brown paper lunch bag. I wonder why EB didn't weave 2 baskets? {Maybe he got really tired of weaving and just gave up. I probably would have done the same thing if I had tons to do on Saturday and no time to do it.}
It was kind of a crazy coincidence that my mom sent us all of these healthy food books for our Easter book surprise. Unless she regularly talks to the Easter Bunny, I don't think she knew that our bunny friend was planning a special health-fest for the Williams household. How appropriate. Thanks mom!
Don requested the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series.
"Hunger Games" just about sums up our treat selection this year.
Our cute organic basket.
For dinner, we had a lovely Easter ham {cooked and prepared by the Amish. I'm glad they know how to cook ham, because I sure don't}.
Later in the evening...egg dyeing!
Or, in Don's case, egg eating. :)
Don was a fantastic sport the entire day. He supported me through all of my Easter festivity enthusiasm. He didn't even complain when I asked him to "re-appreciate" {three times}, Organic Bunny's creativity...
And finally, lest you wonder if we forgot the real reason for Easter, I say, we did not! We enjoyed a wonderful day at church learning and talking about Jesus Christ. We also spent some time surfing www.lds.org, where we found many an uplifting Easter video to watch.
Happy EASTER everybody!!
3 comments:
Wonderful Easter, Williams Family! I love your baskets! Very cool. Good work, O-Bunny!! Can't wait to see you. Mom
you are WAY too cute! Can't wait to see you so soon!
At least Don will support you during your holiday festivities. Drew hates it so I have given up. I bought myself Easter candy (no Boston marathon for this girl) and that was about it. Maybe Don can talk some sense into him...
Post a Comment