So the race basically went like this:
Around mile 7, my thoughts looked a bit like this:
"Oh dear. I can't go another 20 miles! I need to stop. Now. But I have people waiting to see me. Oh dear."
And at mile 8, my thoughts looked like this:
"Where is the next first aid station? Maybe I can just stop and they can drive me back....Water? Yes, please. I think I'll just walk through this water stop."
And at mile 9, my thoughts looked like this:
"Don't walk again!"
"Nevermind. Go ahead and walk. Just make it to the finish line. Just...finish...just...finish..."
And at mile 10...my thoughts still looked like this:
"Why did I have to tell people I was running this? Now I have to finish. Dang it."
Ah...such is life! Honestly, I think my iron was really low. I don't usually feel that weak, but I am experienced enough to know what low iron feels like. I have started to take iron pills now, so we'll see if I feel better when I start running again today.
Despite the disappointing race, we still had a really fun weekend. My parents came into town to watch, and it was really fun to hang out with them! I have tons of pictures!
Day 1: Fenway Park Tour.
On our way to the Green Monster Seats!
Delightful view from the GM.
I wish there was an actual game going on...
Look at my happy parents!! I love those smiles.
It turns out our tour guide played on the 1968 NBA Championship team. Rick Weitzman was a good old Boston Celtic! Of course, my dad spotted the ring.
My co-worker's hubby works at Patagonia. They made a sign for me for the race and posted it in the window of Patagonia!! :) Thanks LO!
Day 1: Marathon Expo.
Day 2: Visit with the Jensen's.
Jenna and Tyrel came into the city to watch the marathon. We met up with them on Sunday and wandered around Boston Commons. It was so great to see them, meet Bennett for the first time, and catch up.
I couldn't get enough of little Bennett...so cute! I wanted to take him home with us.
We walked by AllSaints, a clothing store with loads of old sewing machines in the window. My mom loved it. She was so happy to take a picture.
Day 3: Marathon Monday.
Waiting for the T...
Ha. Here I am...ready to run. Or so I thought.
Mile 26...
Oh man. I am just so glad I finished that race...that is one for the record books!
Either way, I had so much support from family, friends, and coworkers. Thank you everybody for cheering me on!!!
8 comments:
Nice job! It sounded like a HOT day!!
To be honest I have not thought about my iron since BYU. (But I'm not running as far as you are.) I'm sure that will help you feel better.
Fun pictures! You look cute, as always.
I'm still SUPER bitter that they made us drink that disgusting liquid iron at BYU that made everyone's stomachs freak out when there we could have been taking slow release iron pills which are literally god's gift to low-iron runners.
Seriously, I was super impressed with your time. One of my friends from church who has run 3:10 in the past ran 3:45, so it sounded like you did awesome. Of course, we all felt terrible...that HEAT! I thought I would never get cool again! Way to go :)
Thanks for the fun visit. I had so much fun hanging out with you in Boston. In spite of your not being too happy about your "race" turned "marathon", I have to say... Congratulations! It is still an amazing feat to all of us mere mortals. I love the pictures of you and Don in the Green Monster seats! You are so cute! It makes me happy just be related to you! :) Mom
That was literally my last marathon experience. Who feels like crap at mile 7 !?!?!?! Just one of those days I guess.
1. I'm SOOOOOOO proud of you!
2. Why did you leave off the fact that you were in the top 300 FASTEST women in the Boston Marathon despite walking and feeling like death?
3. Your mom looks FANTASTIC! Seriously! She's super foxy in all of these pictures. Love you, Momma Quebe!
4. Marathon pictures are so much better with husbands in them...
LOVE YOU!!!!
You did do that! I loved reading your thoughts - I recall thoughts like those running 10ks around the track "what if I just happened to twist my ankle on the curb..." So proud of you! Loved seeing you & hope we can meet up again sometime somewhere!
Quebes you are so cute! And humble. Many a runner would look at your time and drool wishing they could run that fast. Like me. :) I love the pictures of you and Bennett!
I think you're fabulous! Maybe we can run together sometime again soon. I miss my runner buddy! I will never drive by pickwick or thackery the same again!
Post a Comment