We spent the morning at the Wrentham Outlet Malls, which are particularly fabulous. They have every store you can imagine. I was on a mission for key items, (you know, the summer colored jean, tops to go with my lonely skirts...the usual needs), and I accomplished nearly all of my shopping goals.
On our way out to the mall, we were just driving along through the middle of nowhere Massachusetts in search of Wrentham. All of the sudden, we came out from beneath an underpass, and whoa! Whoa! As we looked up, there in front of us was the ridiculously humongous and completely overwhelming Gillette Stadium! It literally popped up from out of nowhere. And it is a presence! It is a sight to see.
I have never seen a sports complex so new, so clean, so big, and so cool. I am serious, we were in semi-awe. We were in such semi-awe that we made a special detour on our way home to take some pictures. (We might have also seen a Red Robin, which was the perfect excuse to park at the stadium and stop for lunch. Yum!)
My pictures don't do justice, so I pulled some from the internet so you can see what I mean.
Goal!!!
Here are some internet pics.
This, my friends, is worth seeing. I'ts a pretty sweet thing to behold.
@ Red Robin.
After our shopping excursions, we came home and went on a long bike ride. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures. :( But it was fun!
In other news, did you notice Don's cool glasses!? Haha...he finally got new glasses!! Yay! We went and picked them out a couple of weeks ago, and they just arrived.
(This was one of our "decision pictures" at the office...you know how that goes.)
What do you think?! Pretty sharp eh?


3 comments:
Two things. I'm so happy you went to the outlets. They really are THE best. Also, I did in fact notice Don's sharp new glasses. I may have even complimented him on them.
Oh, vacation! So much fun to have some time off. I'm glad you had fun. Don... love your new glasses!
love reading about your excursions. looks like fun. didn't know a sports complex would make you so happy! :) that place looks huge
Post a Comment