Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lots to share.

Don and I have been doing a lot fun things these days, and I haven't had time to keep up!  This is a small peek into some of our latest adventures.

I have been following the NBA Playoffs this year (mostly because I was hoping the Mavs would put up a fight as defending champs...).  Sadly, the Mavs did not perform as anticipated.  To console my aching heart, I threw my energy into cheering for the Celtics.  I mean, we do live in Boston.  Might as well go green, right!?

Homemade pizza.  Basketball.  Celtics.

Life is good.



Don and I decided that we wouldn't want to meet Kevin Garnett in a dark alleyway.  He kind of looks like he would pummel you for no good reason.  Also, we think he weighs more than both of us combined.


A couple weeks later, Don's friend from med school came to Boston for a conference, and he stayed with us for the weekend.  Josh spent most of the weekend at his conference, but Friday night might have involved some lettuce wraps from P. F. Chang's.  Yeeeeess.



And finally...Memorial Day weekend.  On Sunday, we went on a 2 hour walk around Boston.  It was really fun, and we explored Boston Common and the Public Garden.

Don said that the flowers on the right side of the picture look like they came from Horton Hears a Who.  Ha!  I agree.


There was a really cool memorial set up in the Common.  They placed a flag for every Massachusetts soldier that had died since the Civil War.


33,000 flags!



We walked back home along the Charles River where we met a fascinating lady who was feeding a group of ducklings.  She told us that these ducks had just hatched that same morning.  I asked her how she knew they were not even a day old, and she said she could tell just by their size and mannerisms.  She knew a lot about ducks, so we picked her brain for about 15 minutes.  It was really, really interesting.  (Um, geese have 3 digestive chambers...so they can eat a lot. of. bread.)

Ducks are cool.  Geese are bullies.


Along the Charles.


On Monday, Don had the day off!  We slept in, made the-tastiest-french-toast-ever, and went on another walk.  Oh, and the other good news from Monday is that Don informed me the French Open has started!! I can't wait to watch some matches.  I love Nadal.  I hope he wins.

Behold.  The-tastiest-french-toast-ever.


Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

you guys are always such an inspiration on fun outings & creative foods & happeneings! miss ya!