Easter Sunday was a beautiful day, however, when Don woke up at 6:30 in the morning...the Easter Bunny hadn't come yet! He's always on time. He hadn't even arrived by the time I woke up at 7:30. I chalk it up to being tired. I'm sure traveling the world is pretty rough business.
The good news is that the Easter Bunny did come while we were in the other room getting ready for church. I'm not sure how he came and went unnoticed, but then again, that's why he is the EB.
In addition to the usual candy & sweets, the Easter Bunny also brought a couple of books for us. Don has been talking about this British cyclist here and there, so EB thought it might be a nice surprise to bring a couple of his books, an autobiography, etc.
EB brought me the cutest little Easter book ever. It was so cute, in fact, that I cried the whole time while we were reading it. It's called "The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes".
I highly recommend it.
(I don't know why the pictures of me are so fuzzy?!)
Church was wonderful, and spiritual, and amazing. We are lucky ducks to be LDS.
After church, I really wanted to dye eggs. Which we did, of course. But not only that, Don had looked up another really cute Easter-foodie-creative thing to do-idea.
We made mini bird's nests out of rice krispie treats. Yes we did. We filled them with mini Cadbury Eggs. How had I never seen this before?! It was such a great idea.
You will notice that nowhere in this post is any reference to any real food. That's because we didn't eat any. Our day was 80% sweets, 20% food.
There is something to this 80-20 idea people keep throwing around.
Happy Easter!!!
3 comments:
I love this post! Totally cracking me up. That tricky EB. Also that book is my favorite Easter book too. So perfect.
carolyn! that easter bunny knows the key to your heart ;) sugar sunday!
haha! You are too cute! miss you a bunch!
Post a Comment