Back in December, Don and I got the most adorable little kitten. Although she is super cute, she actually isn't super sweet. I would be lying if I led you to believe she behaves. In any way. She's actually spunky and sassy, and she loves being the center of attention.
She knows she isn't allowed to scratch, and she strategically uses it against me. She only scratches things when I am in the room because she knows I will react. On more than one occasion, I've caught her scratching the couch slowly while looking in the exact opposite direction of what she is scratching (which direction happens to be across the room and right into my eyes). I just know she's thinking, "...this one's for you Carolyn. Sooo...when are you going to stop me?"
Stinkpot. She's earned herself regular time outs for this obnoxious behavior.
Yes, we put our cat in time out.
Whenever we come through the door, she immediately decides it is time to play. With steadfast devotion and unwavering persistence, she meows at the closet door where we keep her feather toy. She would follow the feather anywhere, even when her pursuit *occasionally* results in self inflicted injuries. Sometimes she gets a little out of control when she pounces, and her giddy excitement clouds her better spacial judgement.
The good news is, we have had no serious injuries to date. Don and I have learned that as with most spry youngsters, she is quite resilient.
Mimi is 50% playful, 20% cuddlebug, and 30%...total stinker.
She loves to hide.
She loves to sleep.
She does not care what other people think of her.
She loves to explore.
She loves to play.
She loves to cause trouble.
Guilty. Very guilty.
I'm sure I will post more Mimi pictures in the future...I can't even handle how cute she is.
















5 comments:
I love Mimi!! Her white eyeliner is so-o-o cute! 100% cute!
Oh my gosh! You got a kitten!!! I love cats. So jealous.
I love it! I miss having pets. I can't quite justify getting one now, since there's all these other small creature running around my house. But someday, someday... we shall have a kitty. But she better not be scratchy furniture, because I won't be as patient as you are! :)
LOVE her! I'm jealous, too! I tell my kids that the first thing we're going to do when we buy a house is go to the shelter and pick out some cats!
I just love Mimi! She must be Popples sister in another cat life :) Cute cute cute!!
Post a Comment