Because Don and I both had to work during the Holidays, we couldn't visit our families this year. We were lucky to have my parents fly out in the middle of December for a long weekend instead! We considered this an "early" Christmas, and celebrated accordingly.
The major gift of the trip was surprise tickets for my Dad to the Celtics game! He had been asking for a week or so leading up to the visit if it was possible to get tickets, and we kept telling him we couldn't go.
*sneaky sneaky*
Finally, on the night of the game, we whisked him away to the TD Garden for his Christmas surprise. It was awesome.
I love basketball. And basketball games. And especially professional games.
{Happy ticket holders}
{Sitting in style, just watching the pros}
The next day, my mom and I spent some time in the city doing some last minute elfing for SC. I'm pretty sure we shopped during a blizzard.
{Snowy shopping day}
As I *just* mentioned, the weather was...well, a blizzard. During the worst of it, Don and I adventured out for a midnight walk around Jamaica Pond. It was both a beautiful memory and walk.
{White Christmas}
{Winter Wonderland}
{You know, Dad just adding whip cream to his sugar cookie. #ihavehissweettoothforsure}
{Hard at work}
{The final cookies}
We had a ton of fun with my parents. Thank you so much for visiting!!!
{Merry Christmas}
4 comments:
We had so much fun! Thank you for letting us have a super sneaky double Christmas this year! I love you. Mom
Carolyn… you are amazing at everything. Those sugar cookies look SO good, like too good to eat good. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Celtics game. I know you've been wanting to go for a long time.
so wonderful to have had them! and your cookies are so perfectly decorated & delightfully thick (my fave way!)
This looks like so much fun! miss you and your parents! merry Christmas and Happy New year!
Post a Comment