Saturday, January 17, 2015

Merry {Late} Christmas.

I seriously neglected our blog during the Holidays...so you are about to read *probably* the longest post ever.  

To sum it all up, we had a lovely/busy December.

To kick off the month, we drove down to NYC to visit Stephen and Darcee for the weekend.  I didn't take a lot of photos, but we had a blast!  We adventured quite a bit; visiting the Rock Center Tree, the Bergdorf windows, Anthro {of course}, Columbus Circle, and much more.

{Rockefeller Center, Anthro Window}


{Bergdorf Windows}



After we got back to Boston, we bought tickets to go see the "Holiday Pops" concert.  This was another thing on our #bostonbucketlist to check off, and I was really, really excited to go.  

The concert was absolutely ah-mazing!

There are some things that get sooo hyped up, and everybody talks about them sooo much....and then when you actually go visit/see/eat/etc, it's just disappointing.  The Boston Pops Holiday Concert was not one of those things.  It was truly worth every penny, and we both thought it lived up to all the hype.  

Bravo Pops!  Well done.




Somewhere amidst all the fun, we also found time to holidize our little apartment.  We bought a mini tree just for us from the local JP tree farm.  It was so cute!



{Tree trimming}

 




For Christmas this year, we went to Utah to celebrate with Don's family.  It was really fun to spend some time with them (and we even squeezed in a mini trip down to St. George!).

Before leaving for St. George, we spent some time with Don's extended family (including Don's small and hilarious Grandma).  We celebrated Christmas Eve with matching pj's, and opened gifts in the morning.

{Grandma Great reading to all the little ones}


{Don.  You know, just working at the family Christmas Party}


{The Christmas tree}

 
{I. love. matching.}


{Gift opening}


I tried to take a picture of Glor, and she quickly put the CD in front of her face to "show us what she'd gotten".  She doesn't like pictures taken of her...sneaky.




{Mimi, with her hand-knitted scarf from my Anthro friends!  Pretty sure she loves it.}


After Christmas, we spent the rest of the time down in St. George.  While we were there, Don's best friend took us out in his FJ Cruiser to do some rock crawling.  It was really fun!  

Also, Don got me an amazing camera for Christmas that I couldn't wait to test during the trip!  I'm definitely a beginner photographer, but it was so fun to take so many pictures and try different things with the camera.

{Lots of pictures of rock crawling}





 


 





 







Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!  

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Late posts are ALWAYS enjoyed :)
Hope all is well with you!