Monday, December 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014.

It's time for the Thanksgiving post!  Things have been so busy, I haven't had time to blog for the last several weeks.  I'm so excited to post again!

This year, I went to Cleveland to celebrate Turkey Day.  (In sad news, Don had to work  :(.  So, I flew home solo to celebrate.)   Apart from missing Don, we were lucky to have the rest of the family together at the same time.

The week went something like this:  Sleep in, relax, run, eat, relax, and eat some more.  It was so wonderful after the hard-working year Don and I have had.  In addition to the much needed relaxation, we also went shopping, cooked a ton, made crafts, had a snowball fight, played games, shot off rockets, and watched the little people perform a ballet!

We took a ton of pictures, and I'm going to post most of them.  I apologize for the overload.

Cooking:




Dad and I looked positively thrilled to be making stuffing.



Crafting:




Snowball Fighting:





Game Playing:

Whenever Stephen and Philip get together, there is almost always "gaming" of some sort.  This year's version was called "The Oculus".  Basically, when you put on the goggles, it creates a virtual 3-D reality!  I am proud to say that while on vacation:  I shot down a helicopter in mid-air (that was firing bullets and rockets at me), while sprinting back and forth along a wooden dock that was built high above a sandy beach, with seagulls flying past me every couple of minutes.  

Yay!



Rocket Shooting:

I had to fly back to Boston earlier than everybody else so I could work on Black Friday.  Sadly, I actually missed both the rocket shooting and the cute little ballet performance by Penny and Nelly. However, I'm glad I have a lot of pictures from both events.





After firing Nelly's rocket, nobody could find it anywhere.  She kept shaking her head and saying, "Where's my rocket?  It must be in outer space!".  She was so distraught that it hadn't come back down; she just didn't understand where it could have gone.  Everybody searched forever, and they finally found it after about an hour.

Victory for Nelly!





Ballet Dancing:





4 comments:

Lyndsy said...

the little ones are not so little anymore!! they are BIG and precious. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving with family!

Ann said...

So much fun! Thank you for a fantastic Thanksgiving visit!

Ann said...

P.S. Nellie's rocket had flown over two baseball fields, a soccer field, the woods, and had landed in the dog park! Awesome!During the hunt she kept saying over and over: "Grandma. I think my rocket is in outer space or somethin'." So brave. She didn't break down until her dad joined the hunt. So adorable.

Jenna said...

So cute! Those little nieces are totally related to you & adorable. Looks like you had a great time with all the family!