Friday, November 7, 2014

A New England Fall.


Fall comes and goes quickly here in Boston.  

Sometimes it feels like as soon as Summer gets started, the leaves start changing.  And then, just as suddenly as you notice them...they're gone.  They've fallen to the ground and graced the sidewalks with their vivid range of autumnal hues.  Fiery red and orange, vibrant yellow, and golden brown.  

In another week they will be trampled under the faintest layer of frost, so easily forgotten in anticipation of Winter's flurried s
nowflakes.




This year, Don and I went to the oh-so-famous Wilson Farm to pick out our pumpkins.  It lived up to it's reputation; from the incredible pumpkin wall, to the caramel apples and cider donuts.  It was fun to look at the variety of different pumpkins too!







We carved our pumpkins a couple of weeks after our trip to Wilson Farm.  It was a lot of fun, and I love how much personality our pumpkin faces ended up having.




As for Halloween...I've been waiting 4 years to actually be together on Halloween, and this year we finally did it!  When we very first got married, I asked Don if he would dress up as Newsies with me.  Ever since I thought of the idea, I've been waiting and waiting to not have to work, and finally be together on Halloween so we could dress up.  I've been acquiring our outfits piece by piece over the years, and I can't tell you how excited I was for our Newsies debut!

We went trick-or-treating in Beacon Hill with a group of friends from our Ward, and then got burgers afterward.  It was a really fun night.  


Don is the most photogenic person ever.  Is he not?  He was born to be a Newsie.

Happy Halloween, and goodbye Fall!

2 comments:

Ann said...

You guys are awesome Newsies!! You are the cutest Newsie ever. Love your Jack-O-Lanterns... love the beautiful New England leaves.

Jenna said...

Love this! What a fun costume & even better that it was a special, long awaited Halloween! That farm looks awesome too!