Thursday, July 16, 2015

Final Boston Days - Part I

The last couple of weeks have been an absolute whirlwind!  We moved from Boston to Salt Lake City, and we are still trying to figure out when we did it...It seems like time just flew by.

A couple of weeks ago, Don finished his BU Residency and graduated in spectacular fashion.  We spent our final days in Boston, and now we are onto our next adventure in Utah!  Don just started a one year Fellowship at the University of Utah, and then, it's the big job hunt.  

Our last weeks in Boston were full of good times and great memories.  We spent time with friends, checked off some final "Boston Bucket List" things, and hosted Don's family while they explored the city.

I've made some really great friends in Boston, so it was tough for me to leave!  I said goodbyes to my Anthro team (#anthrolove), our loyal Boston 1st ward friends, my forever BAA runner buddies, and probably the hardest...my spunky Young Women! 

My favorite favorite Taylor Swift song is called "Long Live", and there is one verse that I love.  It says:

But if God forbid fate should step in
and force us into a goodbye
If you have children someday
When they point to the pictures
Please tell them my name

So basically...please don't forget us, Boston!

*My BAA runner buddies*


*My Anthro team*


Don and I had to go to one last Red Sox game while we were there, and as always, it was a blast.  We sang "Sweet Caroline" at the top of our lungs, ate ballpark hot dogs, and wondered at the extreme enthusiasm that everyone has for the sport of baseball.







One of the most exciting events of the last couple of weeks was Don's Graduation dinner.  As I said in my instagram, "He's hitting milestones left and right!".  Which he is.  He is working hard, moving forward, and succeeding in all things life.

The dinner was a lot of fun, and we got to eat great food and mingle with all of his Residency friends.
  




This post is turning out to quite long, so I think I'll end it here.  We still have all of the pictures from the Williams family visit, so stayed tuned for Final Boston Days: Part II! 

No comments: