The thing that worried us the most was driving with little Mimi in the car...we definitely weren't sure how she would do for the week. But she managed quite well, and even got a little used to the routine! My mom called her "Intrepid Mimi", which is such an accurate description. She is definitely a brave adventurer.
At the beginning of every driving day, she would spend the first couple of hours meowing *like crazy* and pacing back and forth, all over the car. Finally, she would start to get comfortable and sit down in our laps. It was seriously the cutest thing.
{Intrepid Mimi}
We ended up exploring a bit during our road trip, and we were lucky enough to stop at some really cool places along the way.
{Goodbye Boston!}
{Stop 1: Cleveland, OH}
Hello, Dad and Mom! Mimi got to explore my parent's house a little. (We didn't dare bring Mimi and Lucy together in the same room. They were separated at all times.)
{Stop 2: Kentucky Speedway}
We drove by the Kentucky Speedway on our way into Nashville, so we stopped for some pictures. They let us just drive right through the entrance tunnels and into the center of the track! It was awesome.
{Stop 3: Nashville, TN}
We stopped for a day in Nashville to visit some of our old friends from Boston. I've always had this fascination with Tennessee, and for some unknown reason, I love that state. (Ok, so the song "Walking in Memphis" is actually the beginning of my love for Tennessee. Ever since I heard that song back in high school, I've wanted to live in Tennessee. Random, but true!)
And, Nashville did not disappoint. Thanks to the Lybberts, we had a great time!
This picture would have been awesome if I wasn't scratching my nose, but Kimball and Brianna look so cute that I wanted to post it anyway.
{Stop 4: Colorado Springs, CO}
Don had heard about a State Park called "Garden of the Gods" in Colorado Springs. We couldn't stop for too long because we had Mimi in the car, but we managed a short hike and a driving tour. The pictures do the best job of explaining, but there are a ton of really beautiful red rock formations. It was really cool.
{Stop 5: Salt Lake City, UT}
I can't believe I didn't get any pictures when we first arrived in Utah. But, we have finally settled in and have officially made it to the great SLC!
Hoorah!
No comments:
Post a Comment