Thanksgiving is such an amazing Holiday, and I look forward to it every year! But this year, I found myself thinking much more about the point of it rather than celebrating it. It's the one time of year that you're not supposed to screw up the "being grateful" thing.
I wish that I was one of those people that was just naturally grateful for everything in life, but I'm beginning to wonder. Don't get me wrong...I do feel like I'm a grateful person, and I actually think I'm good at saying thank you. Thank you for opening my door! Thank you for taking my shift! That text made my day! I seriously love my new boots...
These grateful thoughts are constantly streaming through my mind. But sometimes, I think I lose perspective on the big things. It's tough because the daily grind is as real for me as my many blessings are. Just because I have a ton a ton a ton of things that I should be grateful for, doesn't make the details of life any easier to manage.
So, I've been pondering how to find a balance between never forgetting the big picture (so many blessings!) and dealing with the daily problems that really get to me (that time I sent the wrong rug home with the wrong customer. Awesome.)
I don't have any answers, really. But I do think there is wisdom in barraging one's psyche with positive quotes about gratitude. Right?
"It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy."
"Gratitude is the key to happiness."
"Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have."
So in true Thanksgiving fashion, I'm writing a list of things that I'm grateful for (in totally random order, except Don gets to be first :). Here's to remembering the big picture!
{Don}
{Museums}
{Being Mormon}
{Holidays during wintertime}
{Summer}
{Ice Cream}
{Games}
{Prayer}
{Craft stores}
{Sunshine}
{Sleep}
{Mimi}
{Art}
{Running}
{Texas}
{Beaches}
{Family and Friends all around}
{Basketball}
{Good Health}
{Knowing God is there}
{Makeup}
{Anthropologie}
{Jobs we love}
{Sewing}
{My Patriarchal Blessing}
{Savings}
{My BYU glory days}
{The Young Women's Program}
{Our New York adventures}
{Traveling}
{Chocolate}
{Warm winter clothing}
{A fireplace}
{Frozen Pizza}
{BYU}
{Technology}
{Furniture}
{Nieces and nephews}
{Doctors and medicine}
{America}
{Treadmills}
{Moving}
{The Prophet}
{Reading a good book}
{Spandex}
{Food to eat}
{Flowers}
{Good Music}
{My Humanities Major}
{Talents}
{Owning cars}
{Priesthood Blessings}
{Fuzzy bathrobes}
{Hot water heater}
I'm also very grateful for pictures, and it wouldn't be a proper blog post without them. To a happy, and thoughtful, Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
I am so grateful to have a wonderful daughter like you! You make me so incredibly happy! Every day I thank Heavenly Father for sending you to me. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment