Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tis' the Season!

And there it goes...another Christmas in the books!  We had an awesome Christmas this year, and it was such a blessing to have a couple days off with each other to enjoy the festivities.  I had so much fun decorating our apartment, making cookies, elfing, wrapping presents, fitting puzzles, etc. etc., and I'm grateful I had time to do it all.

I don't feel much like writing today, so I'm mostly going to post pictures.  With that said, I still want to write down one of my favorite 2015 Christmas memories:

On Christmas Eve, we got home super late after a painfully slow drive (through a terrible and dangerous snowstorm) from Provo to SLC.  We were tired, and the plan was to drive back to Provo early in the morning to be with Don's family.  Both of us wanted to get to bed, but I insisted that we take a moment to relax and enjoy the moment.  So, we turned on our Christmas tree lights and sunk into the couch.  This probably sounds cheesy, but we spent those five minutes in the most perfect calmness, just soaking in the quiet, magical anticipation that is Christmas Eve.  I loved just sitting there, consciously committing that moment to memory forever.  It was perfect.

Now, for the pictures.

{decking the halls}




{winter wonderland}


{work holiday party}


{Don's Grandma, reading her Christmas story to the great grandchildren}


{baking cookies}



{matching pj's and family photos}


{first attempts with a selfie stick} 


Merry Christmas!!!!!

No comments: