In January, my mom and dad came out for a visit. It was super fun to have them, and they are just my favorite. We had a relaxing week of smoothie-making, gym-going, hair-cutting, and sleeping-in...it was wonderful!
We also made time for a much needed temple trip. My parents had never been to a live session, and they really enjoyed the whole experience. (Also, it's pretty amazing to be able to walk 3 blocks to the temple.)
I've been proud of myself for being so enthusiastic about winter this year. Compared to Boston, our Salt Lake City winter has been sooooo mild! I've been happy to be doing all sorts of wintry things, and so far, Don and I have checked off ice skating, snow shoeing, and skiing.
A couple weeks ago, we went ice skating at an indoor rink in Murray. I was doing ok with the figure skates, but then I switched to hockey skates midway through and did much better. They made a huge difference, and I finally started to feel a little comfortable on the ice.
(Pittsburgh PENGUINS here we come!!!)
Last Saturday was the first weekend we had off together, so we drove up to Park City and went skiing for a full day. Some of our friends were up at the resort too, so we skied some runs with them. Everybody is so much better than me, but my strong desire to remain atop of my skis/my fear of falling generally allows me to keep up.
Don is an amazing skier! Every time he goes down the mogul runs, people just stop and watch him. It's just as fun to see people's reactions as it is to watch him ski!
These are our friends from Boston who now live out here too. They are also amazing skiers, and they both qualified for a ski competition called Nastar. Ryan is one of the few who can actually ski the bumps with Don. (I hope you all appreciated my cool ski lingo...they are "bumps", not moguls. At least I think...)
And last but not least, a picture of me. You can clearly tell how unstable I am...ha! I just love this.
So far so good, winter!
1 comment:
Life is good! :)
Post a Comment