Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Holidays

2017?!

I can't believe another year has gone by!  I feel like I'm beginning to understand the idea that the older you get, the faster time flies.  It gives me all the more reason to spend every minute "enjoying the moment", which is my New Year's resolution.

The old year is over, and with it comes the inevitable end of the Holidays.  I'm of the mindset that it's never too early to set up for Christmas, and it's never too late to take it down.  Christmas is over in the blink of an eye anyway, so I might as well make it last as long as possible, right?  

We started off this year's festivities with Don's work party at the Duquesne Club downtown.  We felt SO fancy.  It was a lot of fun to pretend that we were just like everybody else, driving our Ferrari and eating Filet Mignon like it's nbd.


The gingerbread house display at the Duquesne Club.


Oh, family photos!  Here are some outtakes.


Mimi was a pretty good sport!  We thought it would be funny to take some pictures with her, and we had to feed her treats in between each photo.  What a little crazy. 




Don and I made our own gingerbread houses this year!  Well, it was a kit from Rite Aid, so I guess we didn't really make them.  But, the assembly was all us.



For my Christmas gift this year, Don took me shopping and then to the Nutcracker in the city!  It was SO much fun.  


After the ballet, we walked around the Christmas markets downtown.  Every year, they set up German inspired markets and sell all sorts of European things.  Seriously, so neat.



After wandering the markets, we walked by the big Christmas tree to watch the ice skaters!  The whole downtown area is magical.  Pittsburgh is awesome. 


Christmas Eve pjs!


My mom and dad got us these beautiful new table settings for Christmas! I love them so much.  Also, not pictured is the new tablecloth that Don's mom made for us, which is really cute too!  I love everything about our new table set up, and now we are completely outfitted for dinners of all types and occasions.  I suppose it's time to start hosting!


2016 was another year of changes, some good, some bad.  Don finished his Fellowship, passed his boards (!!!!), and got his first job as a full-fledged Attending Radiologist.  We moved to Pittsburgh and bought our first home.  This was the year that our faithful 2003 Corolla finally broke down, and the year that little Mimi got sick again.  In 2016, I transferred with Anthropologie and got my old position back as Apparel Manager.  I also turned 30...ugh.  We have a new Ward, new callings, and new friends.  We bought our first real table, and finally upgraded to a King bed!  This is the year we started our first "business", and began renting out our basement through Air B&B.  Oh, and we officially became Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates fans.  

It's been a year of learning new things and growing up a lot.  Goodbye 2016!  Here's to another year of changes.  

No comments: