The biggest events in the beginning of 2017 were our birthdays! Don was actually out of town for both birthdays this year, so we celebrated long distance. With his new job, Don gets 7 weeks of vacation (yeehaw!) which means flying back and forth to Utah to ski as often as he can. He's been able to go for a week every month since January, and he loves it! Despite being gone, Don still made my 31 really fantastic. He surprised me with fresh juice to pick up for breakfast and an unexpected flower delivery at work! I've always wanted a flower delivery at work, so it was pretty much the best surprise ever.
Don was in Utah for his birthday too. Before he came back home, I sneak/snuck? attacked his office upstairs and decorated it. My mom and I had ordered him vintage cycling posters for Christmas, so I framed and hung them on the walls. I also got him a new guitar! He loves music, and a while ago he mentioned how cool it would be to learn guitar. I say it also adds to the decor :)
Also, Pittsburgh is so cool. We particularly love Lawrenceville. There are always really neat community events to go to, our neighbors are friendly, the restaurants on Butler street are top notch, and I looooove our house.
Recently, we went to an exhibit at the Carnegie Museum of Art called, "Iris Van Herpen: Transforming Fashion". It was unreal. I can't even attempt to describe it, but you'll see what I mean. The designer is insanely talented, and she might be my new hero.
See what I mean?! Unreal. And in the meantime, everybody should move to Pittsburgh.


No comments:
Post a Comment