Monday, July 22, 2019

The City of Light!

Paris is known as "The City of Light".  It is a perfectly suited nickname for such a beautiful and fascinating city!  I love Paris almost almost almost as much as I love New York.  So yeah.  For me, it's New York and Paris.  Both cities are so full of light, life, and magic, and I always leave feeling energized and inspired!

You can imagine how excited we were to take little Auggie to see the big sites of Paris.  This was the last stop on our vacation, and yet again, Paris did not disappoint.  It's one of the few places where the sites live up to the hype.  They are as grand and and as amazing as everybody says.

Since this was actually our second time visiting Paris, I won't write a lot about everywhere we visited.  I covered it all in our last blogpost about Paris.  Plus...I'm kind of written-out from the last two posts.  But, we took a lot of fun pictures, and everybody had a blast!

{The Palace of Versailles}
{Evening River Cruise on the Seine}
 {Notre Dame}

Just before we arrived in Paris, the Notre Dame Cathedral caught on fire!  It was the biggest headline on every news channel for several days.  The Paris firemen were finally able to put out the fire, but not before the roof and the iconic spire burned and collapsed.  We arrived in Paris two days after the fire had been put out.  We walked by on our first night, and it was so eerie to see it surrounded by policemen and firetrucks.
This is a picture of Notre Dame on our run the next morning.  Even without the roof and spire, it looked so beautiful against the sunrise.  I'm so glad more damage wasn't done and that it's still standing!
{The Louvre}
{An Auggie nap in the Tuileries Garden}
{The Paris Catacombs}
{The Eiffel Tower}
{These are my favorite pictures from the entire trip!  So magical!}
We love you Paris!  Until next time.

No comments: