Back in June, Don and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary! I say this every year, but I seriously can't believe we've been married for that long. What an accomplishment! Our marriage has had a lot of ups and downs, and for a while it was mostly downs. But these days life is wonderful, and I find myself constantly thinking how very, very lucky I am.
A while back, one of my friends posted about her husband on his birthday, and she captioned her photo, "To the guy who makes our world go 'round". I'm stealing that caption, because it's how I feel about Don. I can't imagine life without him as my buddy.
He is my friend, my travel companion, my workout partner, my cheerleader, my money guru, and he is the rational voice to my worries. He challenges me intellectually, he pushes me to work hard, he inspires me spiritually, and his passion for friends, family, and life is exhilarating.
He is a music snob and a talented skier. He is a cyclist and a runner. He is fascinating! He is smart. He is brave and determined. He is loyal and humble. He is funny, and he is a connector of people. He never gives up. He is a thoughtful and kind husband, and he is a great dad.
The list goes on.
Thank you for being my foundation, for loving me as I am, and for making my world go 'round. I can't wait for #10 with you.



No comments:
Post a Comment