Thursday, February 20, 2020

staying in the clouds.

Thanksgiving 2019 was A+.

Don and I started the day with the Pittsburgh Turkey Trot downtown and had a great race (well technically, it was races plural).  We opted to do the "double gobble", which meant running two races back to back...a 5 miler immediately following the 5k.  Mornings like these remind me of just how compatible Don and I are.  I mean, on the car ride home we basically talked about how happy it made us to have "redlined" it for all 8 miles.  He lives for a gritty workout as much as me!   

My parents came down for the day, and it was really fun to spend time with them.  It was especially nice because they watched Auggie in the morning while we raced.  Don also invited his boss, Carol, to dinner, who was a welcome and hilarious guest.
Auggie didn't actually love his first Thanksgiving dinner, which is probs why he isn't smiling in this picture.  I bet he's wondering why nobody gave him raspberries...hahaha.  What a character!  He's like the least picky eater on the planet, but then on the one day where all that matters is food, he decides to have opinions!  He pretty much only ate the stuffing and was not into the mashed potatoes, gravy, or turkey.  Who doesn't like mashed potatoes and gravy?!  But, I suppose if you're going to pick one dish to love at Thanksgiving dinner, stuffing is a v respectable choice.
2019 was the best year yet...definitely a year to be grateful for.  Don and I feel so blessed right now.  We have everything we could want and more, and we're happy!  I sometimes find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop or wondering when it's all going to come crashing down.  But I tell myself no no no!  It's time to live in the now and enjoy the perfect days life is giving us.  So here's to riding high into 2020 and staying in the clouds as long as we can. 

No comments: