Saturday, May 27, 2023

Taylor Swift Eras Tour 2023!

Taylor Swift.   

I've said it from the very beginning...I said that she would be a legend.  She's undeniably one of the best songwriters in recent decades, if not ever.  Strong words, I know.  But anyone who has given her music a passing glance knows.  She is a unicorn, no doubt.

In March, I went to the Taylor Swift Eras Tour 2023 with one of my old young women from Boston.  Talk about a blast from the past!  Sweet little Josie Johnson is all grown up now and graduating from college this spring.  

We were lucky to even get tickets.  Josie somehow snagged them amidst the epic Ticketmaster crash when so many people were left empty-handed.  I also felt lucky just to be going with Josie and her mom, Patty.  The whole weekend felt full-circle for me in a very meaningful way.  Back in Boston, Josie and I had always had a relationship beyond the usual young woman/leader dynamic.  Our shared love of Taylor Swift was a part of it.  We went to the 1989 concert together in 2015, so when she asked me if I'd want to go to Eras with her I was elated.  Yes!  Yes.  Yeeeees, Josie!  It was pretty special to spend the weekend talking and talking all about how she's grown up over the last eight years.  

{Boston babies, 2015}
And as for the Eras concert.  I simply have no words.  Well, I suppose I have a few words.  Among the many things Taylor Swift excels at is her ability to give the people exactly what they want.  She does. not. disappoint.  She shows up and delivers.  You want a three-and-a-half hour concert with a forty-four song setlist spanning the last seventeen years of every greatest hit on each and every one of her ten amazing studio albums?  

Done.  And it was epic.

{It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me}
{Vegas, baby!}
{Pre-concert pics, nails, and 13's}
{Almost time!!}
{Epic, epic, epic.}

No comments: