Sunday, July 13, 2025

Garden

We've had so much fun learning about gardening!  For the past few years, I've planted a few vegetables in pots just to try some things out.  This year, we planted a cucumber, a tomato, a lima bean, and some strawberries.  

The cucumber has been the most productive, and unexpectedly so!  Against all odds, it just keeps producing.  We've harvested about ten full size cucumbers, and as a result, learned how to pickle.  Our summer has been full of Mediterranean salads, which Owen calls "a medi salad".   

The strawberries and tomatoes didn't fair so well, but I feel like I learn more and more each year.  The end goal is to have an entire garden setup in our side yard with large, raised planter boxes and fruit trees.  We'll see if it ever happens, but for now, it’s fun to dream!

Oh, and we also planted a pomegranate tree from a neighbor that gave us a start two years ago.  So far, it’s growing like wildfire.  Hopefully in a few years, we'll have pomegranates!

{the front porch setup}
{first cucumber!!!}
{bb pomegranate}

No comments: