Auggie is a first grader. How!? He's growing up so fast. We decided to try the Portuguese Dual Immersion program, and so far it's been a great decision. He is absolutely loving it! I was, of course, very nervous that he was moving up from kindergarten...new grade, new teachers, new classmates, and new language. But Auggie has handled it like a champ, and he is thriving! He loves school so much, has boatloads of friends, and it just makes us so happy and proud of him!
Also, side note. I have been so impressed with Auggie on how he has approached school. He always wants to do his homework, he's always remembering to turn things in on time, not forgetting his lunchbox at school, etc. etc. I remember when I was little, I constantly forgot things at school or forgot to turn permission slips in...not this kid. He is the best little worker and remember-er!
School: Majestic Fields Elementary
Grade: First - Portuguese Dual Immersion
Teachers: Ms. Laurenci & Ms. Derrick
Owen is in his last year of preschool! We moved him out of Ms. Keira's to the Washington City Community Center Preschool. I feel like it is a great program to transition to the year before kindergarten. They do worksheets, sports, crafts, and a drive-through line, so it feels more intense than his other preschool. Even though he sometimes has a hard time with drop-offs, I know he's very proud of himself. Every time someone mentions preschool, he immediately corrects them and says, "I'm in the big kid preschool this year". Heavy emphasis on big kid. 😇
Owen also loves school and has absolutely excelled! He is way above average in all the things and loves to learn. He always has an intense attention to detail on his worksheets, always follows directions, always listens to his teachers, and always works very hard. He also told me one day that he had "made friends with everyone in the class", which made my heart swell. We are so proud of him!
School: Washington City Community Center Preschool
Grade: Pre-K
Teachers: Ms. Rita & Ms. Nikki




No comments:
Post a Comment