Saturday, January 10, 2026

{A Very Thomas Halloween}

It was Owen's turn to decide on our family costumes this year, and he requested Thomas the Train!  I knew this would be a significant undertaking, especially while being sick and pregnant, so I started making our trains back in June.  I worked on them a little bit at a time, slow and steady.  The kids helped me paint all the accessory pieces over the summer, and sure enough, they were ready by October!  This was a really fun, creative project for me and a BIG win for Owen.  It's safe to say, we made his Halloween dreams come true!  We were all happy to be "very useful engines".

Don:  Sir Topham Hatt
Me:  Nia
Auggie:  Troublesome Truck
Owen:  Bruno the Brake Car
Ginny:  Purple Thomas Onesie
This picture of Owen and his preschool bestie, Brooks, is too cute.
Auggie didn't want to be a train for his school parade day, so we got him a Legolas costume.  And yeees, he wants to do Lord of the Rings next Halloween...I can only hope he feels the same way in a year!

No comments: