Monday, April 13, 2026

Ginny Mini

Ginny is the happiest little baby!  As long as she is around everyone, she is perfectly content.  I feel like she was waiting to come join us, and she  is so excited to finally be here.  She definitely knows who we are!  She loves the boys so much, and there is nothing that doesn't make her smile.
She is the tiniest little bean, which means she just doesn't eat much.  Even at six months, she still only eats four ounces of formula at a time.  She rejects almost all solids and will absolutely refuse to be spoon fed.  It makes us laugh because she is just such a peanut!  Because she can't stomach too much food, she still wakes up once or twice a night...but I think she needs it?  She eats a full meal and then immediately goes back to sleep.  

{first bath Ginny}
{preemie size Ginny}
This little one failed her first hearing test in the hospital, but then passed the second one...eventually.  I've felt weird about that ever since, so I took her in last week for peace of mind.  Sure enough, she failed her hearing test in both ears.  I had been feeling like she wasn't quite as vocal or responsive as the boys, so I'm glad I took her back in!  We'll wait and retest, but she may need to get tubes in her ears.  Darn it.  She does make the cutest squeaky sounds though, so sometimes we call her "squeaks".  

Speaking of nicknames, she has so many that make me smile.  The boys call her "Bubbies", "Bubby Gins" or "Bubba Ginners", but we also rotate between "Gin Gins", "Gin Mins", or "Ginny Mini".  She often has her dainty little hands outstretched in the most graceful way, and she always grabs the doorframes and walls as we walk by them.  

{first smile Ginny}
{tennis court Ginny}
{jeans Ginny}
{snuggle-bug Ginny}
{tummy time Ginny}
{holiday ootd Ginny}
{bumbo Ginny}
{california sunnies Ginny}
{tracksuit Ginny}
{floral Ginny}
Ginny spent five months in a bassinet in our closet because she was waking up so frequently.  I didn't want to move her to her crib because her room is so far away, and it's hard to hear!  Also, it was just easier for me to be closer.  

{bassinet-in-the-closet Ginny}
{doctor checkup Ginny}
{sous chef Ginny}
{reading Ginny}
{good vibes Ginny}
{saucony Ginny}
{napping Ginny}
{redhead Ginny?!}
{matchy matchy Ginny}
{high chair Ginny}
{future CEO Ginny}

No comments: