Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween!

So, I did actually decide to dress up for Halloween...well, sort of. My roomates and I had to come up with a quick costume idea for a church party on Friday night. Thanks to a friend's ingenious suggestion, we decided to be "Mad Gab" cards. For all of the world who hasn't played the game Mad Gab, I don't really want to explain it now...the only relevant piece of information that you need to know is that many long minutes were spent thinking up the phrases on our shirts, and many long hours were spent ironing on each phrase letter by letter...(Actually, my roomates did all the hard work because I was in class Friday night...oops...)

Needless to say, halloween was a blast. It involved crazy costumes (including one very impressive version of Marge Simpson...) and quite the dance party. I am always up for a dance party. Did I mention that I am always up for a dance party?

Our homemade Mad Gab riddles:

Carolyn: High Early Hike Horse Mile
Sarah: Kid Die Catcher Fun Gnome Bear
Vanessa: Hue Luck Couldn't His Slight
Jen: Water Chewed Ewe Wings Saturn Denied

Anyway, have fun deciphering our Mad Gab phrases...Perhaps one day I will post the answer to these riddles, but for now, enjoy the puzzle. :)

(Mad Gab puzzle solving suggestions: Say the phrases really really fast, and in a foreign accent. Oddly, this helps.)

Yours Truly,
Q

4 comments:

Marissa said...

I have no idea what any of those mean... but clever... I love it! But at some point I'd like to know what they translate to...

Jas and Kim said...

Carolyn-
I found your blog through Beckys. It's so good to see you have succumbed to the world of bloggers. I'm glad you're doing great. Have you met anyone from Project Runway yet? =)

wendy said...

Quebes! I love your blog and I miss ya tons. AND I LOVE mad gabs! Can I be a mad gab card too? I'll have you know I figured out every mad gab. Very clever :) Hope you are well! Keep in touch!
loves,
wendy (your xc buddy:)

Marissa said...

TAG! You're it! http://directedwandering.blogspot.com/2008/11/siete-syv-sieben-by-cim-sept.html

LOVE YOU!