So, this past weekend I officially began celebrating the Christmas season by making my first gingerbread house of the year. My friends had loads of people over on Friday night for food, movies, and tons of gingerbread festivities (well, we actually used graham crackers instead of gingerbread...).
Brent suggested that we make a football stadium instead of a house, which was a brilliant idea! So, with his unexplainable obsession with the Utah Utes, combined with my unexplainable creative talent with small foods, we made what might be the first ever graham cracker version of Rice Eccles Stadium! Notice the red and blue M&M's...yes, the Utes vs. the Cougs...
Here we are, making our edible stadium! I tested it later...definitely edible...

And here is the entire graham cracker city...all of our creations combined. Our city had a skyscraper, a boardwalk, a beach house, the Tower Bridge (yes, the one from London), and even a couple of palm trees!

And here is the group hard at work...

Christmas is coming, and I can't wait! :)
Love,
Q
4 comments:
So, I know I wasn't there and maybe the picture doesn't provide a great view, but does "hard at work" really mean "sipping hot chocolate on the couch"?
... just checking...
If so... you SO found my favorite wintertime activity and I love you for it! Also, the stadium looks great! Go Cougs!
Man I remember the old days when we made ginger bread houses at the Christmas parties we had for the ward. I will never forget the lodge where we had it. We sure did have some fun then. So it looks like you had lots of fun with your "friends". I need to know what you are up to. so post more frequently:)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Love Becky
wow so we went from halloween to christmas...love it! Erin and I have been checking and we were like...when is she going to update!! so I am glad one finally came...haha...anyway your gingerbread creations were impressive!! Miss you tons! hope you have a wonderful christmas! Tell your parents hi for me! Love ya!! Lyndsy
Nice stadium! Glad I found your blog... Hope you're doing well in NYC!
Post a Comment