Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Flying Home to Cleveland...

Christmas break is here! I flew home to Cleveland last week, and that was a crazy trip! It just so happened that the weather was absolutely horrid on Friday. By horrid, I mean sudden blizzards about twenty minutes after boarding our plane. It doesn't take much experience to know that planes + blizzards = painfully long delays. True to form, the captain of our plane detained me against my will for quite some time. My fellow passengers and I ended up sitting on the airplane for just under four hours! We did have a small half hour break where they let us off the plane to get lunch. Luckily, once we re-boarded, it wasn't too long before we took off.


By all accounts, the trip home should have been horrible...but nothing could overshadow how happy I was to be going home! Not to mention, while I was waiting for my dad to pick me up, I kept myself thoroughly entertained in the airport by taking loads pictures of...well...me.


I tried to justify the many photos of myself by the fact that the Akron airport was nearly deserted. I had nobody else to photograph, right?

My spirits were also quite high because of the recent purchase of my new rain boots! I also photographed them while waiting to be picked up. Fascinating, those rain boots.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Can I just tell you how much I love you? I also want to see EVERY picture you took in the airport and make a collage or photo album... it will be epic...

Also, when I am not poor/employed again - will you help me find some great wellies/rain boots? Yours are AMAZING!