Monday, February 9, 2009

BYU Track Reunion

So, this weekend, the BYU track team came to NYC to compete for indoor. I was finally reunited with my team!! Oddly enough, there are several BYU trackster alumns out here on the East coast. Breanne, Jenna and I got to spend the weekend cheering and catching up with all of our former coaches and teamates. Here are some pictures...



Keep in mind, these are the girls that we spent about 75% of our time with in college...and that's probably not much of an exaggeration! I mean, we ran together everyday, we traveled together practically every weekend, we even drank iron together (and believe me, drinking iron helps anybody bond)...the list goes on! Needless to say, it meant a lot to me to finally see these girls again.

I spent all Friday night cheering like crazy for our distance medley relay team (I think we are now ranked top 3 in the nation?!). Brent came with me on Friday, which was really fun. I wanted him to meet everybody and see what was such a huge part of my life for soooo long. Haha, even he was cheering loud for those Cougs...yep, I heard it.


I also spent all day on Saturday watching the races and running with the girls on their cool downs. My Saturday literally went something like this:

Eat. Cheer. Run. Eat. Cheer. Run.

I logged around 14 miles total, and I ran across the George Washington Bridge three times!

After the meet, I got to go to dinner with my runner buddy from high school, Erin Bedell. She now runs for Baylor, and it was fun to see her race again. We went to this really good Italian restaurant with her cousin and her dad. So fun. I love those Bedells...always have, always will.


Anyway, loves to all...what a great weekend!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay! Such a great weekend. We will have to just settle for me, you and breanne weekends soon - but they will be fun too :)

Strong Clan said...

I am so jealous of all of you! I try to tell Will about my BYU corss country life and he just doesn't get it. And who is Brent! How long have you been dating?

Lyndsy said...

the bedells love you too! wish I could have been there...guess I will just have to make a trip to come visit you when I get home! LOVE!

jenny said...

I am a blog stalker! I'm so glad you have a bloggie. It's fun to catch up with you and see what you're up to. And I want to hear more about Brent!

Coopers said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Sure wish that I could have joined in the cheering. The girls are so fast it is amazing! Glad you could catch up with them!