Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Visit to...Washington DC!

This weekend, I went down to DC to visit my friend Marissa Pugmire!

You see, Marissa has developed this certain knack for moving to impressive cities around the United States. I have conveniently developed such a knack for visiting her in each of these impressive cities...

So, this weekend I successfully:

1. Ate amazing pancakes, french toast, eggs benedict, and crepes. For breakfast. One breakfast. Thank you Eastern Market!

2. Got to see my friend David Trichler, who now lives in DC. I must give credit to Trichler who introduced us to Eastern Market. Good call!

3. Investigated a really cool bookstore and bought some books.


3. Strolled through Capitol Hill. We stopped and took some good pictures of, well, the Capitol.

4. Took some delightfully fun, although somewhat disrespectful pictures at the Supreme Court Building.



5. Toured the Library of Congress. Here we are, trying to look as monumental as possible. I always make it a point to match my surrounding architecture.

6. Visited the American Smithsonian Museum. We saw the collection of First Ladies' Dresses, as well as Julia Child's kitchen!

7. Met up with my uncle at Stake Conference. Who knew that my uncle is in the same Stake as my very own DC friends?! It was really fun to see him; it's been so long!

8. Made homemade Cannoli's. I've been all about the Cannoli's recently...

9. Took large quantities of pictures of myself. I have no excuse.



10. Took large quantities of pictures of Marissa too, I promise it wasn't just me...except they are on her camera. But here are some with both of us.

This was a wonderfully memorable trip.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

COME BACK SOON! I loved every, single second of it! Thanks again for making my weekend... and my life! Love you!

Also, I can attest... I too shamelessly ask people to take a plethora of pictures of myself... and will be posted on my blog... soon...

chelsea mckell said...

you crack me up - great pics.

David Trichler is over there now?? How funny. Last time I saw him he was doing an internship at United Way in Provo where I was working.... I remember his sister was on our team and was such a fun chica.

Jenna said...

Look at you miss east coast traveler! Hope philly is fun too!

Marissa said...

You need to post these to facebook... yours that is..


Also - I really do want pretty clothes pictures... soon :)