Thursday, December 24, 2009

An Ornament for You.

I would like to introduce you to the newest members of our Ornament Family:

Please meet Chester. He will be flying back to Ithaca with Philip and Aubrey.

And Daphne. She is quite fond of Cleveland, so she'll be staying with my parents here in Ohio.

And here is Hubert. Hubert will reside in Utah. I think he and Stephen will really get along.

A couple weeks ago, my dad found these really amazing old essays that my grandma had written. The paper was faded and antique-looking, and they were all hand written in my grandma's beautiful cursive. When I saw the essays, I had this idea to make bird ornaments out of them. So, I convinced my parent's to sacrifice a couple of pages to my creative cause.

I was really nervous throughout the whole process because I felt like if these birds didn't turn out, I could have been in some trouble for defacing rare family treasures. One look at Daphne though, and my family will totally forget about the essay chopping. At least I hope.

Welcome to the family little birds!

5 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

umm.... could you BE any cuter?!

jenny said...

Lovely. Let's work at Anthro. K Thanks bye

Katie said...

Carolyn, the birds are beyond incredible. I love love love them. anthropologie just called, they want you.

Jill said...

Remember when you were a business major way back when? And how you hated it? And how you were destined for much more creative things?

Sarah said...

These are almost as beautiful and amazing as you are. Almost. ;) What a creatively wonderful idea. I think you carried it out perfectly! XO