Monday, February 8, 2010

BYU Track Team. A piece of my heart.

This past weekend, the BYU Track Team came into the city to compete. Even though there are only a handful of girls on the team that I still know, it was so great to hang out with all of the girls. And of course, it is awesome to watch the races. Being at the track still makes me nervous...and it has been two years.

A group shot: teamates. teamate's baby. coach. coach's wife. I love them all.

This is the above-referenced teammate's baby. My old teammate Jenna Jensen has the cutest little boy! No joke, everywhere we took him, about 25% of all people stopped us just to look at little Carter. What a cutie. I want one.

On Thursday, Angela and I explored the city all day. She had been to NYC several times before, so we just walked around for fun. Here we are inside the New York Public Library.

And outside the library.


These are videos of the BYU Distance Medley Relay. They raced on Friday night and did great. I LOVE watching the DMR. It is one of the best races to run and definitely one of the best to watch.

And here is Indoor Track. This, my friends, is exciting:


BYU Track. You do hold a piece of my heart.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

So so much fun! I can't wait for the warmer weather to come and we can go for walks there in NY

Sarah said...

I am really loving the hair. Which I know has nothing to do with this post...but I couldn't help myself. <3

Strong Clan said...

I wish I were there. BYU track holds a piece of my heart, and a piece of my life, and a piece of my family. For so many years I didn't realize how much being on the BYU xc/track team really did help me become who I am today.
Thanks for the post Carolyn. You are a sweetie!

Coopers said...

how cool is it that you live right there to be able to have all of those people come to you!!

it looks like it was a lot of fun! i wish i could have been there too!!

chelsea mckell said...

awwww..... loved this post. For obvious reasons.

The Bybees said...

Oh, I wish I was there! Looks like fun!