Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dress Detail

Oh. My. Gosh. Notice that this is being posted at 5:52 am. I have been up through the night making the flower detailing for my wedding dress. I was up all night not because I had to be, but because I couldn't stop! I was so into making flowers and so excited about the final product, that I just kept arranging and re-arranging, pinning and cutting, sewing...arranging again.

This, my friends, is why I so desperately want to be on the Visual Display Team at Anthropologie. THIS...this making of small fabric flowers and such, is exactly the type of thing the Visual Team does for the Anthro windows. And I can't get enough. If I could get paid to do what I just did all night long, I would be a very happy camper.

Anyway, enough about Anthro. Here is a preview of possible wedding dress detail. This is a brainstorm, it may not even work with the dress. But I still think it is exciting! So here you go:



So as not to lead anyone astray...I will remind you that the actual making of the dress (The part that takes the skill...) is being done completely by my talented mama. I sent her the fabric not but 1 week ago, and the dress will be finished by tomorrow night. She has worked so so hard on it, and I must say, it's looking nothing less than professional. THANK YOU MOM!!!!!!!

I'd better wait for the actual wedding to post the whole dress... :)

11 comments:

Strong Clan said...

That is amazing! And beautiful.

Coopers said...

i was just telling lee after i talked with you how i forgot to ask if your mom was making your dress. thanks for the answer.

i'm sure it will be nothing short of amazing! so far it looks great!:)

Jenna said...

how amazing is that! Great work - and thanks for sharing! that will be a great memory knowing that you and your mom pulled your gown together

jenny said...

Oh my gosh I am so excited to see the dress! The flowers are gorgeous. I wish I had half your talent missy.

Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL detailing! Well worth the all-nighter I think. Even if it doesn't work with the dress you can use it for some other special occasion gown. So excited for you; I'll be there in your happy thoughts! XOXO

chelsea mckell said...

WOW.
Seriously.
You're amazing.
Even though I can't relate to willing allowing anything get in the way of precious sleep... I think it's awesome you're so passionate about your creative endevours.
Got your announcement - so cute!!

Mom said...

Thank you, sweetie! I love you, too. We are dead men, but the dress is amazing. :)

Blair said...

That is incredible! You are so talented Quebe.

Kight Family said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! The flowers are so beautiful and I know how ever you arrange them they will be stunning on your amazing wedding dress!!!!!!

The entire Quebe family has so much talent and creativity!!!!

I can't wait to see you and I can't believe how close it really is!!!!!

Rachel Price said...

I am SO impressed!!!

Emily said...

Congrats! I hear you'll be moving my way in a year. You will love Boston (unless you really are a Yankees fan).